This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Looking for a delish homemade pizza dough recipe? Here it is!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
We love pizza – fast, tasty and it can even be nutritious depending on the toppings you choose. We’ve a fast and easy homemade pizza dough recipe to share with you.
Pizza is such a quick but satisfying meal – team it with a loaded veggie salad and there’s your dinner. And kids love pizza!
We love this pizza dough recipe and use it every single time we make pizza here at home. This is hands down the best homemade pizza crust recipe we have ever had.
I am so fortunate that my husband enjoys cooking. Graham loves to be in the kitchen! Check out his great cooking skills in our Recipe section.
How to Make Sicilian Pizza Dough
Here’s the recipe for Sicilian Pizza Crust – get a batch of dough ready, toss the extras in the freezer for next time. Then, add whatever toppings you like or have on hand.
Want to see the whole process of preparing the dough for this recipe? Take a look at our Homemade Pizza post for all the details, but here are a few pictures…
After they dough is ready and cut into 4 pieces, we form each section into a ball and put each one in a separate Ziplock bag. After squeezing out any extra air, we pop them in the freezer.
When we want an easy dinner, we can just grab a bag of pizza dough from the freezer in the morning and let it thaw for the day. There are the beginnings of 4 easy meals sitting in that bowl! Who wouldn’t like that?
Why You Should Make Pizza Dough in Bulk
- It’s a HUGE timesaver – you already have to get out the bowls and the ingredients…and the measuring cups….and the measuring spoons. Do yourself a favour and make a bigger batch. Do the work once, end up with 4 crusts.
- It’s much CHEAPER than buying ready made (read: unhealthy) pizza crusts at the grocery store. You can easily make 4 pizza crusts for the price of 1 premade crust.
Pizza Topping Ideas
- Use toppings that are as fresh as possible to get that great healthy (but easy) dinner for your family. Fresh mushrooms, tomatoes (or homemade Tomato Sauce) can be combined with sliced ham, pepperoni or other sausage.
- Fresh herbs like oregano and basil add a wonderful flavour.
- Along with Mozzarella cheese, add some aged Parmesan or Asiago cheese. These can be found at your grocery store, either shredded or in blocks. Grate some of these wonderful aged cheeses to top your pizza – it adds a whole other layer of flavour!
- Use this homemade pizza dough recipe the next time you’re craving a pie – we think you will love it!
Extra Pizza Tips
- Want my secret on how to preserve fresh Basil? I love this method and use it every single year. I grow Basil in the summer and then preserve it (not dried) to use all winter long.
- Dried Basil just doesn’t have the flavour of fresh (to me) – that process takes away any strength of the Basil taste. But I’ve found a great way to preserve Basil while keeping that great strong flavour.
- Here’s our homemade Pizza Dough recipe – go ahead, make a batch to use right away or to freeze. And if you want the full process on how to make a great homemade pizza take a look!
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, but check out these highlights!
Sicilian Pizza Crust
If you enjoy this recipe for easy easy homemade pizza dough, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below! And print this off or save it to your Recipes folder!
- 1 pkt, 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 5 cups flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. I like to let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Then stir in the salt and olive oil. Finally, add in the flour.
- Knead the dough about one minute, just until it is smooth. Let it sit and rest for about 20 minutes.
- Then cover and keep the dough warm for 1/2 hour. I usually turn on the oven, set the bowl with the dough on top and cover with a clean tea towel.
- If we've got the woodstove going, it's a great place to set the bowl.
- Split the dough into 3 or 4 separate balls (3 for thick crust, 4 for thin crust)
- Cover your pizza pan with extra virgin olive oil. Punch out your dough and add the toppings of your choice.
- Put the extra balls of dough in separate containers and put them in the freezer. This dough is great to have on hand for fast and delicious dinners!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 pizza slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
First Published May 2020; Updated February 2021
Want to find out which are The 5 Easiest Vegetables to Grow?
Grab the free download available only to subscribers!