This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
These Turmeric Garlic Pork Chops are a simple but tasty way to incorporate some turmeric into your diet and enjoy all of the great flavors and health benefits.
Why You’ll Love Turmeric Garlic Pork Chops
We are already enjoying our recent garlic harvest – even though the bulbs aren’t dry yet, that isn’t stopping us from enjoying lots of fresh garlic every day. It’s delicious and the garlic heads are huge and beautiful. Here is a fantastic dinner recipe that uses garlic and turmeric.
We took out some of our homegrown pork steaks from the freezer. Those weaner pigs we raised last year are still rewarding us with great tasting pork. Here’s some great info about about raising and butchering pigs for your family if you’re interested yourself!
Graham wanted a recipe using turmeric with pork, and we found lots of great ideas, but….we haven’t been to the grocery store in a while and we didn’t have all the ingredients we needed.
So, Graham made one up – he loves cooking and often improvises. Here’s what he came up with!
- turmeric – this spice has a distinct earthy flavor and boosts the immune system, works as an anti-inflammatory, and has a number of other benefits for your health!
- cayenne pepper – gives your pork chops some added heat and plays perfectly off the turmeric.
- garlic – this recipe uses fresh and smoked to give you a great variety and spectrum of flavors.
- pork chops – pork is a great source of protein and also includes lots of vitamins and minerals that can contribute to cardiovascular health. We usually use bone-in pork chops.
How to Make Turmeric Pork Chops
- Combine turmeric, cayenne pepper and smoked garlic and crush, using a mortar and pestle if needed.
- Peel and finely dice a head of garlic and set aside.
- Rub half of the spice mix into the surface of the pork chops. Turn over and do the same to the other side.
- Let the pork sit for a few minutes to let the flavor settle into the meat.
- Heat your pan over medium-high heat, seasoning with the diced garlic.
- Add the pork chops, turning them over half way through cooking. Make sure the chops are well cooked.
Serving Suggestions and Variations
- Serve with fresh garden veggies! We enjoyed freshly picked green beans and zucchini, lightly fried with (of course) more garlic. Broccoli, onions, and carrots also go perfectly with this meal.
- Add a Cheddar Biscuit Bun or a nice side salad. This is another homegrown meal for us. A homegrown meal made even healthier with all that garlic and turmeric!
- This spice rub is so simply and easy, so feel free to add other spices if you want to broaden the flavor profile! Black pepper, salt, ginger, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and other spices that are strong and warm will pair perfectly with the turmeric.
- Serve over white or brown rice, cauliflower rice, or noodles.
- If you really like the flavor, add another teaspoon ground turmeric. It’s good for you!
- For extra flavor, add about a tablespoon fish sauce or oyster sauce while cooking.
- Garnish with some thyme, parsley, or cilantro.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a burst of acidic flavor.
Other Fantastic Dishes
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, but here are some highlights!
- Our Homemade Granola makes for a hearty breakfast – mix it with yogurt or just a splash of milk.
- These Bacon Wrapped Garlic Bites make a wonderful appetizer along with a glass of wine.
- This homemade Crab Chowder makes for a filling dinner along with a biscuit and salad.
More Turmeric Recipes
- Here’s a Smoothie Recipe using Turmeric.
- How about either hot or cold iced teas?
- Want to grow your own Turmeric? Here’s how!
- Mother Earth has lots of information and recipes, why not try a Kraut with Tumeric?
Start incorporating this wonderful healthy spice into your family meals. Boost your immune system and improve your health!
Want to find out which are The 5 Easiest Vegetables to Grow?
Available only to subscribers; join our Newsletter!
Turmeric Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
If you enjoy this recipe for pork chops, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below!
Turmeric Garlic Pork Chops
Turmeric and Garlic spice up this pork dish. Perfect for dinner served along with fresh grilled vegetables and home made biscuits,
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- half a head of fresh or cured Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Garlic
- 4 Pork Chops or Steaks
- Combine the Turmeric, Cayenne pepper and Smoked Garlic and crush, using a mortar and pestle if needed.
- Finely dice the head of Garlic and set aside.
- Rub half of the spice mix into the surface of the pork chops. Turn over and do the same to the other side. Let the pork sit for a few minutes to let the flavour settle into the meat.
- Heat your pan, seasoning it with the diced Garlic.
- Add the pork chops, turning them over half way through cooking.
- Serve with fresh garden veggies!
- Add a Cheddar Biscuit Bun or a nice side salad. A homegrown meal made even healthier with all that garlic and Turmeric!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 55g
First Published August 2016; Updated October 2022.
Thanks for checking out this recipe. For more, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
originally published Aug 2016; latest update Oct 2022