This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread is a sweet and comforting treat that’s so hearty and perfect for extra pumpkin and overripe bananas!
Earlier this week I made a pumpkin pie, but only used half of the large can of pumpkin filling I had bought. Since I already had some over ripe bananas and some dried cranberries, I thought I would give this loaf a try.
I love using my home made Pumpkin Pie Spice in this recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf
Here’s a Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf Recipe for you that’s healthy and filling. It’s easy to make, healthy and filling and is perfect for a fast snack or even breakfast on the go!
You can use your stand mixer or just mix this loaf up by hand.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread
- mashed bananas – because this is banana bread, the riper the better!
- olive oil
- pureed pumpkin – I used some that I had leftover from making a pie; this gives your loaf a hearty pumpkin flavor!
- honey – a delicious natural sweetener.
- sugar – helps the honey do its job.
- baking powder and baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice – brings out the taste of the pumpkin and adds a new kind of flavor to your banana loaf.
- cinnamon – works great with the pie spice.
- dried cranberries – add extra sweetness and a little bit of nutrition as well!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, then grease and flour two loaf pans.
Mash your overripe bananas well, using a fork. You can also use a potato masher if that works better for you.
Stir together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar in a large bowl.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, mixing thoroughly and then folding in the dried fruit.
Pour batter into your prepared pans and bake for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes until slicing and serving!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
- Spread with some butter if you like and enjoy this banana loaf with some hot coffee!
- For some extra crunch, add chopped up walnuts, pecans, or any kind of nut you like to the batter.
- If you don’t like dried cranberries, any kind of dried fruit will work for this bread. Raisins or dried cherries or apricots cut into smaller pieces would be delicious!
- This banana loaf would also be delicious with a light glaze over top. Check out this great recipe from The Spruce Eats for how to make a simple glaze out of powdered sugar.
- To make this recipe vegan, omit the honey and replace the egg with either a half cup of applesauce or 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds or flax seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons of water.
More Sweet Recipes
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, and check out some of these other delicious desserts!
- Here’s a classic banana bread recipe if you don’t have pumpkin or dried fruit on hand!
- Chewy Coconut Cookies are a sweet and light treat that are perfect for an afternoon snack or dessert.
- Can’t get enough loaf cakes? Try this Lemon Loaf Cake with Rosemary Glaze!
- This Fireball Pumpkin Pie is a great dessert to warm you up in the cold months.
Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf
If you like this delicious banana bread recipe, be sure to rate it 5 stars below!
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 1/3 c pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c raisins, I used cranberries
- 1/2 c walnut pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour two cake loaf pans.
- In large bowl, stir the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon.
- Stir it into the banana mixture, then fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaves in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 inch slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
First Published November 2013; Updated July 2022