This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread is a sweet and comforting treat that’s so hearty and perfect for extra pumpkin and overripe bananas!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf
Earlier this week I made a pumpkin pie, but only used half of the large can of pumpkin filling I had bought. Since I already had some over ripe bananas and some dried cranberries, I thought I would give this loaf a try.
Here’s a Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf Recipe for you that’s healthy and filling.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread
- mashed bananas – because this is banana bread, the riper the better!
- olive oil
- pureed pumpkin – I used some that I had leftover from making a pie; this gives your loaf a hearty pumpkin flavor!
- honey – a delicious natural sweetener.
- sugar – helps the honey do its job.
- baking powder and baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice – brings out the taste of the pumpkin and adds a new kind of flavor to your banana loaf.
- cinnamon – works great with the pie spice.
- dried cranberries – add extra sweetness and a little bit of nutrition as well!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, then grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, mixing thoroughly and then folding in the dried fruit.
- Pour batter into your prepared pans and bake for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes until slicing and serving!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
- Spread with some butter if you like and enjoy this banana loaf with some hot coffee!
- For some extra crunch, add chopped up walnuts, pecans, or any kind of nut you like to the batter.
- If you don’t like dried cranberries, any kind of dried fruit will work for this bread. Raisins or dried cherries or apricots cut into smaller pieces would be delicious!
- This banana loaf would also be delicious with a light glaze over top. Check out this great recipe from The Spruce Eats for how to make a simple glaze out of powdered sugar.
- To make this recipe vegan, omit the honey and replace the egg with either a half cup of applesauce or 2 tablespoons of ground chia or flax seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons of water.
More Sweet Recipes
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, and check out some of these other delicious desserts!
- Here’s a classic banana bread recipe if you don’t have pumpkin or dried fruit on hand!
- Chewy Coconut Cookies are a sweet and light treat that are perfect for an afternoon snack or dessert.
- Can’t get enough loaf cakes? Try this Lemon Loaf Cake with Rosemary Glaze!
- This Fireball Pumpkin Pie is a great dessert to warm you up in the cold months.
Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Loaf
If you like this delicious banana bread recipe, be sure to rate it 5 stars below!
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 1/3 c pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c raisins, I used cranberries
- 1/2 c walnut pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour two cake loaf pans.
- In large bowl, stir the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon.
- Stir it into the banana mixture, then fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaves in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing.
First Published November 2013; Updated January 2021