This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Do you like granola? With all the nuts, berries and oats mixing it up together, granola is a healthy and delicious breakfast food. Pour some over top of yogurt, or enjoy as a cereal with milk. It’s filling too, so it will keep you going for awhile.
Here’s a great Homemade Granola recipe that friend passed along to me and we love it. It’s easy to make and you can add any kind of dried fruits or nuts to the recipe.
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups oats
- 2 – 4 cups mixed nuts & seeds, I used 3 cups and wished I had more
- Combine the honey, oil and water. I use Coconut Oil (a solid at room temperature)so I heat it up and then mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add the 6 cups of oats and mixed nuts & seeds (I had 3 cups), give it a good mixing and then spread it out on some cookie sheets.
- Bake at low temperature (around 250 degrees) for about an hour and a half. Make sure you give it all a good stir every 15 minutes. Bake it until it's toasty and crunchy. Let it cool completely and store in a canister.
- We enjoy it on yogurt with fresh fruit - it's delicious!
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here
Want to find out which are The 5 Easiest Vegetables to Grow?
Grab the free download available only to subscribers!