This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
This Homemade Granola Recipe is so simple to make but you can enjoy it in so many different ways. This crunchy and versatile recipe is perfect for breakfast or a filling snack!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Granola Recipe
Do you like granola? With all the nuts, berries and oats mixing it up together, granola is a healthy and delicious breakfast food. Here’s our homemade Granola recipe.
Pour some over top of yogurt, or enjoy as a cereal with milk. Granola is filling too, so it will keep you going for awhile.
Here’s a great Homemade Granola recipe that friend passed along to me and we love it.
It’s easy to make and you can add any kind of dried fruits or nuts to the recipe.
- honey – provides some natural sweetness and helps the granola stick together.
- oil – allows the granola to get nice and crunchy while baking–use something neutral, like coconut oil.
- oats – you’ll want to use rolled oats (also called old fashioned or whole oats) for this recipe.
- mixed nuts and seeds – for this ingredient you can really change things up and make this easy homemade granola your own and add all of your favorites!
How to Make Homemade Granola
- Mix together honey, oil, and water.
- Add the oats and mixed nuts and seeds. Be sure to stir well to be sure that everything is well coated in the liquid mixture!
- Bake around 250 degrees F for an hour and a half, stirring every 15 minutes or so. Low and slow is what will give your granola a toasty crunchiness!
- Cool completely and store in something airtight.
Variations and Serving Suggestions
- Homemade granola goes great over top of yogurt, or you can eat is as a cereal with some milk.
- You could also add granola to some pancake or waffle batter for added texture and flavor, or sprinkle on French toast.
- There are a number of oils you could use to make this granola, and each will alter the flavor just slightly. Grapeseed, vegetable, canola, coconut, and sunflower oil are all potential options.
- In regards to seeds and nuts, there are so many delicious options. For seeds: pumpkin, chia, sesame, sunflower kernels. For nuts: slivered almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts.
- Other potential add-ins include coconut flakes, dried cranberries or raisins, dried cherries, or dried apricots.
- Maple syrup can be used instead of honey for sweetening.
- You might also throw some spices into this granola, like cinnamon or some salt to balance out the sweetness.
- Serve with fresh blueberries, strawberries, bananas, your your favorite fruit.
More Breakfast Recipes
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, but check out these other great ideas for delicious breakfast dishes!
- Easy No Cook Strawberry Jam
- Pumpkin Cranberry Banana Bread
- Pickled Eggs
- Lemon Loaf Cake with Rosemary Glaze
Homemade Granola Recipe
If you enjoy this recipe for easy homemade granola, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 cups oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 – 4 cups mixed nuts & seeds, I used 3 cups and wished I had more
- Combine the honey, oil and water. I use Coconut Oil (a solid at room temperature)so I heat it up and then mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add the 6 cups of oats and mixed nuts & seeds (I had 3 cups), give it a good mixing and then spread it out on some cookie sheets.
- Bake at low temperature (around 250 degrees) for about an hour and a half. Make sure you give it all a good stir every 15 minutes. Bake it until it's toasty and crunchy. Let it cool completely and store in a canister.
- We enjoy it on yogurt with fresh fruit - it's delicious!
First Published August 2016; Updated February 2021