This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
This Feta Cheese Garlic Spread is the perfect recipe if you’re looking for a delicious appetizer to enjoy with a big glass of wine. A quick and easy recipe that’s a hit if you love Feta cheese and garlic (and who doesn’t?).
Why You’ll Love This Dip
The next time you’re looking for a fast and simple appetizer that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser, look no further than this feta cheese garlic spread. Whether you serve it as a spread or a dip, it makes for the perfect snack or starter. Plus, it only takes 4 ingredients, so the prep couldn’t be easier.
Any fan of feta cheese or garlic will absolutely adore this dip, which is perfect for an afternoon snack or to serve before a delicious dinner!
- garlic – I used 4 cloves, but you can use less if you prefer a more subtle garlic taste.
- mayonnaise – serves as the base for this dip and gives it a creamy consistency.
- Feta cheese – salty and cheesy, this gives your garlic spread some extra bite.
- red bell pepper – provides some variety in color and pairs perfectly with the garlic and Feta.
- black pepper – you can eyeball how much pepper you use depending on how flavorful you want your dip to be!
How to Make Feta Cheese Garlic Spread
- Mince the garlic using the food processor and then add the feta cheese and mix it together well.
- Then, add the mayonnaise and mix.
- Add the red pepper and then the black pepper.
- Mix it all together well.
- Done! Serve with some good quality crackers. A nice glass of red wine goes great alongside. We enjoy our own Homemade Rhubarb Wine with this appy.
Tips and Tricks
- I use my food processor for this recipe. If you don’t have one, finely mince the garlic, feta and red pepper by hand. The consistency won’t be quite the same, but it will still be delicious.
- Use any leftover spread within a couple of days – it is not meant to be kept for a week. That’s why the recipe is made in a small batch.
- We used 4 large cloves of garlic with this recipe, but….we LOVE garlic. We eat garlic almost every single day. The first time you make this Feta Cheese and Garlic Dip, you may want to use less garlic. Even cut the amount in half and use 2 cloves of garlic.
- Feta cheese tastes quite strong and along with 4 large garlic cloves, this appy had a really strong zing! Great for us, but it may be a bit much for you and your guests. Start with less garlic if you’re worried and add more if you think it needs it!
- No need to refrigerate the dip after making. Just make it and serve it immediately. Refrigerate it if you like – not a problem. And do be sure to keep ANY leftovers in the fridge and use them up within a couple of days.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, slices of red pepper, celery, carrots, or spread on top of toasted bread rounds to make garlic feta crostinis!
More Garlic Recipes
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here, and here are some more fantastic garlic-featuring recipes hand-picked for you!
- For another great appetizer, try these Bacon Wrapped Garlic Bites.
- Garlic Scape Pesto Pasta is a quick and tasty meal, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- For something heartier, Turmeric Garlic Porkchops are a rich and filling meal with fantastic flavors!
Feta Cheese Garlic Dip
- 4 cloves garlic, (use less if you wish)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 200 grams Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red bell (sweet) pepper
- pinch black pepper
- Mince the garlic finely in food processor.
- Slowly add the feta cheese and mix.
- Add mayonnaise and continue mixing.
- Add red pepper and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with good quality crackers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
First Published January 2019; Updated June 2021