This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through these links, I may earn a small commission.
Every year I make this special Fantasy Fudge recipe for the holidays. It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s my oldest son’s absolute favourite. It only takes 10 minutes to get it ready, then pop it in the fridge to cool.
He always gets a batch of this Fudge wrapped up as a Christmas present! Give it a try, I hope you will enjoy it.
Looking at the list of ingredients almost gives me a heart attack. This is so far removed from the way we usually eat. Good thing this recipe only comes out at Christmas.
Fantasy Fudge Recipe
(want to print the recipe? There’s a recipe card at the end of the post.)
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Turn your element onto medium heat. Stir the sugar, butter and milk and mix them together.
Bring the mixture to a boil. When it starts heating up, make sure you stir it the entire time it is cooking. You don’t want it to start sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
Once the mixture is at a full rolling boil, set the timer for 5 minutes. Keep stirring continuously; the mixture will begin to thicken.
You may need to turn the heat down a smidgeon; you don’t want the mixture burning on the bottom. That’s why you need to stir the whole post constantly while cooking.
Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. I use the semi sweet chips because we like our fudge chocolaty. If you like the taste of mint, you could use half chocolate and half mint chips!
Add the jar of marshmallow creme, stir it again!
Add the chopped nuts and the vanilla and stir until smooth. I only had whole walnuts on hand so I put a handful of nuts in a baggie and crushed them with my rolling pin. Worked like a charm!
Spoon the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 dish and pat it smooth using a spatula. Let it cool before slicing into squares. The fudge is very rich, so you may want to cut small squares!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- One 12 oz 350g bag of chocolate chips
- One 7 oz 198g jar Marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
Combine the sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large saucepan
- On medium heat, bring it to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly
- Continue boiling for 5 minutes, keep stirring all the time so the bottom doesn't burn!
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips
- Once the chips are melted, add the jar of marshmallow crème
- Add the nuts and vanilla and stir well
- Stick your finger in there. Taste it a bit to be sure it tastes right. If anyone catches you, just tell 'em it's quality control
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch Pyrex dish.
- Cool at room temperature, then cut into squares
Our entire Country Living in a Cariboo Valley Recipe Collection can be found here
Want to find out which are The 5 Easiest Vegetables to Grow?
Grab the free download available only to subscribers!